What will happen during your inspection?
Get better car service for less with us
- The technician will determine your car's engine type and prep it
- The technician will perform an emissions test based on the year, make, and model
- The technician will check your gas cap for stability and fume escape
- The technician will place a two year sticker on your windshield
What documents do I need?
- Driver's license
- Proof of registration
- Proof of insurance
- Photocopies, faxes, e-mails and online registration receipts are unacceptable
If you're the owner of a non-commercial, used automobile, as of 2010 you will no longer be required to have an inspection until the model is 5 years old. Remember:
- You will get a decal that is valid until the last month of registration for vehicles that are purchased without a New Jersey inspection sticker.
- You will get an SS-19 form at the time you register your car.
- You will need your valid registration card, your NJ insurance ID, your driver's license, and you SS-19 form when you visit a state-operated inspection station.
- New car dealers will be allowed to issue a new vehicle sticker if the model of your car is less than five years old.
- Used vehicles with a valid sticker will not need to be inspected until the expiration date.
Don't forget - certain car makes and models are required to have an inspection every year. If you're the owner of a taxi, limo, jitney, bus, or a commercial gas or bi-fueled vehicle, bring it to our experts for a proper inspection.
See some of the special offers we have!
Call 908-277-6170 to Find out More!